Friday, January 24, 2014

Why I Do What I Do?

Today as parents gathered into the classroom to listen to their child or grandchild perform a part in our Reader's Theater with excited faces it reminded me that this is why I do what I do.  It is because I want children to succeed.  I want families to be part of their child's education.  I want them to feel like they can come into the classroom anytime, call me, message me, etc ...
Thank you!
As the wind chill kept us from going outside AGAIN today, I went to the storage closet and brought in some toys from Kindergarten.  The children were ecstatic! Dinosaurs were roaming, the child care center was busy with new babies and log homes were being built.  As I looked at these little ones, I reflected on how much they do!  THEY ARE SIMPLY AND HONESTLY AWESOME!
In our busy lives we sometimes forget to reflect, to thank someone, to just step back & watch.
Thank you ~ to the families, past and present, who have made me who I am today, who have believed in their children and supported education!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Literacy Young Learners

  Lena David Wiesner Author Study These young learners were very excited to become visual literacy experts as they were introduced t...