Thursday, January 29, 2015

Battle for Sight Words Plus Number Sense


I found this interactive math and word work game for my students on Elizabeth Hah website http://www.lizs-early-learning-spot.com/  My students had so much fun learning both math and finding words.  Thanks Elizabeth.

Here is what she has to say about the game:

"This game is based on the old 'Sink the Ship' game, where you have to find the opponent's 'ships' to sink them. I've changed it from a sea battle to a Treasure Hunt and instead of using coordinates to find the chosen square I have individually numbered all the squares. Research has shown that dealing with the numbers in this format adds a side benefit of consolidating number sense."

 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Literacy Young Learners

  Lena David Wiesner Author Study These young learners were very excited to become visual literacy experts as they were introduced t...