Thursday, September 3, 2015

Something to HOOT About Today!


This year in 1st grade one of our jobs include Kid Bloggers. Through my research I have found that students can start to establish a positive digital impression of themselves by communicating with digital tools.  As the students go to Work on their Writing or during Writer's Workshop they have a sense of pride knowing that they will share their work with their classmates and now also with a larger audience.  I feel that when kids blog it builds the communication between home and school.  Kid Blogging also gives students the opportunity to use a variety of web tools. The best thing about having my students blog is the pride that I see them developing in themselves as writers, readers and digital citizens! 

Today's Kid Bloggers are Emma and Vivian. The students introduced themselves and told us something that they liked!


 My name is Emma. I love my brother because Peter makes funny faces at me. It makes me laugh. 

My name is Vivian.I like to play sports because I get to have fun with my friend at swim club and at gymnastics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Literacy Young Learners

  Lena David Wiesner Author Study These young learners were very excited to become visual literacy experts as they were introduced t...