Sunday, October 4, 2015

Fall Narrative Writing!

This week the students continued practicing narrative writing.  Narrative writing tells a story, can be real or imaginary, has characters, has a setting, it is in order and has transitions, and has a beginning, middle, and end.  The students begin by writing their "Ish" copy in their Writing Notebooks and through confering they add details and edit their documents to make a final copy.  They were so excited to be able to type their final copy using Google Docs!

The students logged into their own Google Accounts and began to create their first Google Document.

Here are some of the completed Fall Narrative Writings :)

 
The Days Are Getting Shorter by Abe
 Today the days will get shorter. First I need my pajamas. Then by that time it will get dark. I look out the window and see the darkness.
Birds Are Flying South by Vivian
Today the birds are going to fly  south. First I am going to go in my backyard and look up in the sky and watch the birds in the sky. Next I will get my brothers and my sister. Then we are going to watch  the birds fly in a big pack in the sky.
Looking for Leaves by Jonathan
Today I am going to look for leaves. I need to make sure I am very warm. Next I am going in the woods. There are lots of leaves.
Picking Pumpkins by Kali
Today I am going to pick pumpkins in my garden. First I will grab the scissors and  grab the wagon and go outside. Next I brought the pumpkins inside the house. And then we carved the pumpkins. Then we put the pumpkins outside. Then we baked the seeds.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Literacy Young Learners

  Lena David Wiesner Author Study These young learners were very excited to become visual literacy experts as they were introduced t...