Thursday, September 22, 2016

I PICK MY BOOKS!



I PICK!

Today's reading lesson focused on the reading strategy I PICK!

I choose a book.

Purpose ~ Why do I want to read it?

Interest ~ Do I like it?

Comprehend ~ Do I understand what I am reading?

Know ~ Do I know most of the words?


When students choose a book it should be a good fit. Choosing a book is like buying a new pair of shoes. We have different shoes for different activities or events. My students were so excited to go shopping for books that didn't cost anything. They were introduced to the genres: Rhyming/Poetry, Fantasy, Animal Stories, Beginning Stories, Silly Stories and Magazines






No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Literacy Young Learners

  Lena David Wiesner Author Study These young learners were very excited to become visual literacy experts as they were introduced t...