Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Literacy in the Morning!

How Can You Read a Book?

Click for more information on this title

Today when I asked my students how I could read The Hello, Goodbye Window one student said with your glasses. I told them they were correct but then I asked them how they would read the book if I gave it to them. One of the little boys said with a DVD. I informed him we didn't have a DVD so he then said well then you need to look at the pictures. PRICELESS!

Doing a rich picture walk is the first step to reading a book! After we explored the mentor text the students received their own book. The book Animal Costumes is a wordless book. The students shared with each other what they thought the photos were about in the book. They also chose their favorite photo and told their partners why they liked it.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visual Literacy Young Learners

  Lena David Wiesner Author Study These young learners were very excited to become visual literacy experts as they were introduced t...